Thursday, February 16, 2017


- Most people that know me...also know I am a fan of innovation, the unique, etc...so it should come as no surprise that what I post here is often not mainstream, but there is usually something interesting about it. In this case, it is another Neo-Classical Rock/Metal song by an International band named 'Adagio'. The album is their first - called "Sanctus Ignis" (Sacred Fire) and the song is called "Panem et Circences", which means "Bread and Circuses" (or bread and games - Latin) is a metaphor for a superficial means of appeasement. Something unfortunately many people are familiar with, these days. ;o) When you hear the music which...of course, deserves a full listen, you may think it is rough, but it is a fusion of classical and rock/metal or, as I like to say..."electrified Classical music with a pair of 'stones'"... Many think you can't enjoy or even learn anything from this music, but I disagree! In fact, it may be very complex and fast-paced but it is still enjoyable...and if you think the music is complex, get a load of these lyrics (Yes, it's a vocabulary lesson...). I have posted them below...have a look and tell me what you think. :oP

No comments:

Post a Comment