Sunday, February 26, 2017


- I remember this day, standing in the lobby at NASA's Johnson Space Center, Bldg. 1, watching the Challenger explode live on TV (I was the Media Services Tech for the then-Director, George Abbey, on the top floor). Never before (or since) have I seen so many engineers and employees moved to tears and utter silence. It was a sobering moment which had a permanent impact. It was also a blessing - a moment that imposed upon me the importance of integrity. For one man, however, it was far worse... This story always disturbed me. Imagine how you would feel thinking you were 'the guy' who was responsible - even if you weren't (it was contractors who rushed the launch) - and had to live with the guilt of this for 3 decades. Well, I'm relieved to know that this story will end up a lot happier. I'm glad you found some peace, Bob Ebeling. ^_^ (y)

No comments:

Post a Comment